Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Intermediate Category Advisor – Drilling & Completion. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager – SCM Well Delivery & Operations, the incumbent will develop and execute innovative, strategic sourcing strategies & contracts across the organization, primarily for the Drilling & Completions portfolio. This portfolio could include but is not limited to the categories of Drilling Rigs, Directional Drilling, cementing (Primary and Remedial), Drilling Fluids, Power Tongs, Electronic Monitoring, Fishing, Drilling Tools, Drill Bits, Coring Services and Rigs, Rig Communication Equipment and Services, Coil Tubing Services, Wirelines Services, Wellheads, Well Stimulation, Frac Water Management, DHE Frac Systems, Production Testing, Subbing Services, and Welding Services.
The incumbent focus on high criticality categories that impact the company. Typically, s/he will be responsible for categories that are between $5MM to $100MM per category/project. S/he will be dealing with a multi-regional view & vendors that are multinationals. Support will be provided by the Sr. Manager in strategy development, sourcing & award activities The Category Advisor will assume accountability for the management of supplier performance & relationship aspects. Working closely with the Business Units, suppliers & other stakeholders, s/he will be responsible for utilizing expertise in the areas of:
- Scope Segmentation
- Demand Planning & Forecasting
- Market Analysis,
- Sourcing Options Selection
- Tendering and Market Test
- Negotiations & Contract Award
- Supplier Performance Management
- Materials Management and
- Application of Best Practices and Lessons Learned to ensure sustainable value for and mitigate
A future leader & bridge builder, the incumbent must possess particularly strong collaboration & forward-thinking skills which enables the incumbent to respond proactively to changing dynamics among key stakeholders & anticipating evolving demand within the primary customer base. S/he will be an effective communicator, adept at ensuring appropriate messaging of key corporate requirements, while also attune to the sensitivities & demands of the customer. Capable of leading and/or mentoring others in numerous departmental wide initiatives, delivering against tight timelines and challenging targets, while ensuring workload balance is satisfied on the teams. An ability to influence & identify common ground solutions across departmental and business unit boundaries will be key to success for this position.
- Develop & execute enterprise-wide category strategies by leading cross functional teams through ’s category management process based on an agreed-upon category wave plan & other business strategies approved by management, that may or may not be part of the wave plan
- Establish category delivery plans, cross functional teams with clear roles responsibilities & robust stakeholder management strategies.
- Lead the spend analysis & segmentation of categories based on spend and long-term demand including any significant organization or market changes to jointly identify opportunities gaining business and management commitment through the development of business cases
- Ensure category management processes are implemented & maintained from conception to close-out, in accordance with Supply Chain Management policy Operational Integrity Management Systems the Governance & Enablement Group & all relevant regulatory requirements
- Lead category or categories’ scorecard to measure performance and identify opportunities in accordance with Supply Chain Management policy, Operational Integrity Management Systems (HOIMS) & the Governance and Enablement Group.
- Develop, maintain & enhance ’s approach to the supply market analyzing current & future market activities, trends & identifying sourcing opportunities within the category with support from the Category Business Analysts.
- Manage the development & approval of sourcing strategies, taking into consideration both strategic & tactical levers through the application of appropriate sourcing tools & optimizing supplier relationships within the categories.
- Manage overall sourcing process including RFX development and completion through the use of available technologies. Where appropriate utilize alternative sourcing methods, for example, reverse auctions.
- Lead the development & negotiation of contracts, focusing of realizing the performance expectations of the strategy while managing appropriate risk allocation, acceptable terms and conditions and correct schedule utilization Manage the evaluation of RFX responses against a set of pre-defined criteria, including management of cross functional stakeholder groups preparing recommendations for award of contract. Apply total cost of ownership (TCO) methodology/methodologies
- Manage business stakeholder relationships across the organization in order to achieve buy-in and support for establishing KPI targets, objectives & strategies.
- Identify overall value opportunities within the category strategy including operational, structural, process & technology changes to realize benefits working with business stakeholders to initiate additional projects to realize these benefits
- Manage overall transition from current strategy to the new strategy working with Category Specialists & stakeholders to manage risks change over plans minimizing business impact
- Ensure all SCM process, contracting documentation master data changes are coordinated within the function, collaborating closely with all functions within Supply Chain Management.
We value diversity & inclusion; encourage all qualified people to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.