AZ Driver (Long Haul)
- Stitsville Ontario
- Monday to Friday, long haul on road. Off Saturday and Sunday
- Full-time, Permanent
- Company-paid health benefits after 3 months, dental after 1 year, pension after 2 years
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a cabinet distributor. This is a high-volume, fast-paced environment that requires keen attention to detail.
You will be…
- Delivering freight over long distances across Ontario.
- Planning routes efficiently and delivering/picking up freight on time.
- Performing prescribed truck inspections before departure to ensure good running order.
- Documenting the freight’s condition before departure and inventorying loads.
- Securing the freight in place before departure and monitoring its safe distribution throughout the trip.
- Loading/unloading of freight and obtaining clients signature(s) on delivery.
- Performing service checks on tire pressure, oil, and fluid levels, as well as minor repairs, when required.
- Logging hours and distances driven, rest stop durations, as well as all fuel, repair and toll expenses.
- Communicating any delays due to road conditions, accidents, or breakdowns to the office.
- Complying with federal and provincial trucking rules and regulations, including mandatory rest periods and weight restrictions.
Why this is the right job for you…
- Ontario AZ Driver’s License
- Can drive a standard transmission truck
- 5 years experience as a Long-Haul Truck Driver
- Clean Driver’s Abstract and sound knowledge of truck maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of route planning using maps/GPS
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and to remain focused throughout.
- Exception time management, communication, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial laws regulating the freight transportation industry.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Keith.Biggar@ianmartin.com or call 289-681-0010
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.