Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Procurement Administrator to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Procurement Service Centre – Team Lead, the position incumbent will provide purchase requisition, purchase order life cycle management and supplier support for Husky Business Units. This role can support multiple business units.
- Create purchase requisitions from defined requirements in support of Business Unit activities as required.
- Monitor approval of requisitions and complete requisition changes as required.
- Complete trouble shooting and problem resolution as required.
- Create and approve purchase orders in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Manage purchase order lifecycle which includes monitoring, investigation and timely resolution of purchase order, receiving and invoicing queries and discrepancies.
- Work collaboratively with all Supply Chain Management Teams and Business Unit customers.
- Manage large volumes of purchase order confirmations, follow-up requests for confirmations and escalation to Supply Chain Management team members responsible for further follow-up to meet business requirements.
- Identify problems and suggest opportunities for improvement to Team Lead.
- Specific roles will require early start time and potential support during regional statutory holidays.
- 3+ years of experience in a procurement environment.
- 1 – 5 years experience in field related business
- Experience with Enterprise experience in SAP MM
- Supply Chain Management Certification
- Attention to detail, accuracy, speed and analytical skills
- Ability to handle large volume of work
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.