Our client, the third largest producer of oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure in North America, has an immediate need for a Talent Acquisition Advisor to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Lima, Ohio USA.
As the successful candidate, you will provide end-to-end Talent Acquisition expertise to the business units including – recruiting for a high-volume environment, candidate assessment / management, offer negotiations, etc., all while providing a very high-level hiring leader and candidate experience.
- Actively support business priorities by efficiently delivering top talent to the business
- Guide and coach hiring managers on all aspects of the hiring process to ensure that the right talent is selected for the right role at the right time.
- Flawlessly deliver full cycle recruitment to the business including conducting Talent Strategy Meetings, job postings, developing selection criteria and pre-screening questions, candidate sourcing, screening, short-listing, interviewing, selection, and ensuring pre-employment checks are completed.
- Manage the job offer process including assembling relevant offer details, developing the right offer, making compensation recommendations, negotiating, and securing acceptance.
- Demonstrate good understanding of the business and to assist with delivery of talent needed to achieve business priorities.
- Post-secondary education in HR or related discipline is a requirement
- Minimum 7 – 10 years’ experience as a professional Talent Acquisition Advisor or strategically minded Recruiter.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a corporate environment is an asset.
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience using an ATS (ie: SuccessFactors, Taleo)
- Exposure and understanding of Total Compensation, particularly relative to the offer negotiation process.
- Oil and Gas industry experience, or related experience easily transferrable to providing Recruiting support in this industry.
- Strong negotiating and selling skills; will be able to use influencing skills to create positive outcomes.
- Strong MS Office abilities, particularly with MS Word and Excel.
- Creative, innovative, and results oriented.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work cross-functionality with a collaborative mindset.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.