On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Power BI Developer in Houston, TX
Candidate must have 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and supporting Data-centric Business Intelligence Solutions using Microsoft BI stack – Power BI, SSRS, Azure Analysis Services.
2+ years of hands-on Power BI experience is a must.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in developing visual reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Proficient in making DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) queries.
- Experience connecting to data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop SSAS/Azure Analysis Services tabular reporting models accordingly.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Adept in developing, publishing, and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements.
- Expertise with T-SQL – queries, stored procedures, functions, views, constraints.
- Assist in migrating reports from SSRS to Power BI.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies as required.
- Good communication and effective team-working skills.
Preferred (optional) Skills and Experience:
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation.
- Prior experience working with Gas Pipeline applications.