Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for two (2) Engineers Operational Technologies. This is a contract position for two (2) years located in Burnaby, British Columbia
This Operational Technology (OT) services engineering role has special emphasis on station operational networks and awareness of cyber security and other requirements that must be met in advanced control system designs.
- • Project technical/work package engineer with knowledge on industrial control systems integration.
- • Develop and improve local area station networks, referred to as industrial control system (ICS) network.
- • Liaise with other planning and design teams to define ICS network performance requirements
- • Participate in the development of job aids and engineering standards for ICS network
- • Configure and integrate intelligent electronic devices
- • Participate in FAT testing of the communication/network cabinets
- Develop safe engineering solutions by using initiative and judgement to perform activities such as developing designs, analyzing and resolving problems, and interpreting engineering specifications on low to medium complexity assignments for projects and/or operations.
- Assist project or operations management to meet safety, cost, quality, and time objectives by performing activities such as proposing changes in plans and estimated costs, recommending payment for work completed by contractors, preparing progress reports, coordinating work schedules and other similar tasks.
- Participate in ’s engineering practice by conducting independent studies and analysis, exercising judgment in selecting and interpreting information, recommending safe engineering designs, and making typical decisions related to standard methods and designs so that ’s engineering standards are maintained.
- Perform periodic tasks independently which may include on-site construction quality control and monitoring to ensure design compliance.
- Engage with senior engineering team where engineering problems are difficult, complex, or unusual to support ’s management of engineering risk.
- 3-4 years of experience or greater experience as a project technical/work package engineer focused on network cyber security for industrial control systems
- Must have experience developing and improving local area station networks, referred to as industrial control system (ICS) network
- Must have strong experience with ICS (industrial control system
- AutoCAD and advanced Excel skills are an asset
- University graduate in applied science or engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) and eligible for registration with EGBC
- Familiarity with CAD systems and drawing standards
- Ability to use standard industry design/analysis software
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Intermediate English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
- Strong preference for candidates local to Vancouver. May consider candidates from Alberta willing to relocate at own expense for the role.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.