Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Reliability Engineer. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
- Lead Root Cause analysis on equipment failures to contribute to continuous improvement, implement, track and look back to ensure recommendations effectiveness
- Responsible for developing solutions to complex problems which require ingenuity and creativity
- Provide technical support to others throughout the business unit
- Analyze equipment performance based on operating data and maintenance history.
- Identify and investigate the bad actors
- Identify and implement improvement ideas to improve operational performance, increase availability and reduce costs.
- Provide leadership and decision-making skills during turnarounds and unplanned equipment outages regarding repair solutions.
- Provide input to a risk management plan that will anticipate risks that could adversely impact plant operations
- Determine the function, capability, functional failure modes, probability of failure, impact severity and acceptable risk for assets to define the right maintenance requirements to eliminate functional failures and their effects
- Utilize reliability engineering tools to assess and maximize equipment reliability
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Effective utilization of predictive condition monitoring and other non-destructive testing methodologies to proactively identify potential reliability issues
- Review, interpret of vibration and oil analysis, provide recommendations and track the effectiveness
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators for assets
- Support the development of Reliability Centered Maintenance processes
- Assist in the financial justification of asset reliability upgrades and improvements using life cycle costing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Mechanical
- Professional Engineer designation that is recognized by APEGA or APEGS
- Minimum of 8 year’s related to maintenance/ process and industrial experience in Oil Industry /Pulp or paper mill/mining experience with a focus on reliability studies, root cause failure analysis, risk assessment, bad actor analysis
- Excellent understanding of SAGD process and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of field practices
- Good computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Possess knowledge in and experience with safe work practices in an oil industry environment accompanied by a superior safety attitude
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups
- Strong leadership orientation that includes coaching, development of staff, and guidance of individuals toward goal achievement
- Possess superior analytical skills to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and apply new technologies
- Valid Drivers License
- Field travel is required approximately 20% of the time.
- This is a safety sensitive position
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.