We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Advisor
Resume Due Date: Thursday, June 17, 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 3 years
The Senior Advisor acts as the Collection, Coordination and Information Requirements Manager within the OPG Enterprise Security Division and is responsible for the following:
- Working with the Section Manager to develop and implement a collection strategy;
- Manage and monitor a variety of tools used to collect information and pass on and track the information being collected;
- Track and manage information requirements;
- Identify time critical or priority information and process accordingly;
- Conduct time critical research on a wide range of topics using multiple sources and varying classifications including extensive Internet research;
- Cross reference multiple sources to ensure accuracy of facts;
- Prepare rough drafts including Briefing Notes, Power Point Slides or impromptu verbal briefings;
- Conduct collection for trending and statistics;
- Oversee Security of Information Act, Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act issues as they relate to section activities.
- Successful candidate must obtain and maintain a federally issued Level 2 clearance if selected for this role. This will require 10 years of employment history and residency verification.
- Background in Information Management with experience handling sensitive information required.
- Highly developed research skills required including internet research aptitude, assessment of credibility and reliability of sources and agencies, and identification of bias and perspective.
- High level of IT related skills are a must.
- The ideal candidate will have an ALA accredited Master’s of Information, specializing in Library and Information Science.
- 3 or more years of research experience and ideally 3 or more years in a federal environment (concurrently or separately).