Our client, a market leading financial institution, has an immediate need for an Senior Project Manager. This is a contract position for nine (9) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
Description of Work:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle and tools included Jira, Confluence, Miro, Google Workspace, advanced knowledge of Agile and traditional project management principles and practices blending in a hybrid approach to align with project and business environment.
- The Project Manager (PM) is expected to take a direct role in project control, budget management, recommends cost approval and is accountable for the financial performance of the project in collaboration with the Project Owner.
- Responsibility includes establishing project and budget control mechanisms in addition to reporting on progress.
- The Project Manager will ensure the project is delivered within the established project quality requirements and schedule. It is expected the Project Manager will engage and expend corporate resources wisely and will seek the guidance/input of the Project Owner, as appropriate.
- The Project Manager will have interaction at most middle levels in the organization, with their primary project relationships being with the key project stakeholders.
- The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for working with Sr. Management and Sr. PM’s to provide direction in the practice of Project Management
Required Skills and Experience:
- Accountable for reporting project financial performance, and will seek the guidance of a senior project Manager, as appropriate
- Create detailed project Charters and plans.
- Ensure an appropriate level of change management is delivered in the project
- Ensure that client expectations are met or exceed and are managed effectively
- Identify, escalate and/or remove obstacles and issues, propose risk mitigation solutions, assess cross-project impacts and escalating where necessary, and ensure overall business readiness to receive the project results
- Manage project communications including providing regular status updates to all project sponsors and stakeholders
- Manage projects to established IMO and specific project quality, schedule, scope and budget requirements; and secure project resources as required
Additional Skills “Nice to Have”:
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent skills, with an ability to influence/sell solutions to internal client executives
- Familiar with the use of project management tools, practices and templates, and includes the ability to select, develop and/or customize the project approach and identify and use the most appropriate set of tools/templates and for his/her projects.
- Positive attitude with an confident view of problem solving and conflict management
- Proficient written, oral and presentation skills at all levels. Is successful in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small and mid size groups, peers and superiors
- Proven ability to lead and develop effective teams through good communication, performance management, development planning and reward / recognition practices
- Results oriented
- Strong work ethic along with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one’s work while appreciating and recognizing the value of others
- Successfully leads groups through organizational tactical initiatives
- 9 – 10+ years related business/management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT
- Certified PMP (Project Management Professional)
- Demonstrated project management experience in leading most aspects of a project life cycle including; opportunity identification, foundational understanding, detailed planning, design/development, implementation and closure.
- Developed interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Experience in working on different types of tactical projects
- Experience with project management software, tools, and methodologies
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.