Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for IT Contracts Advisor – Intermediate to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
The Supply Chain Management team is seeking an IT Contracts Advisor – Intermediate in their Category Management, Corporate & Retail Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating IT agreements and will need a strong understanding of the IT portfolio. This is a fast paced and challenging position requiring the successful candidate to be a self-starter with strong analytical abilities and hands-on delivery capabilities
- With minimal support, review, interpret, analyze and draft legal and commercial contract terms and conditions in IT legal documents such as master agreements, schedules, statements of work, pricing, confidentiality agreements or other documentation as required and revise where appropriate. These agreements will include but not be limited to software, hardware, managed services, services, hosted/cloud solutions, subscriptions and professional services.
- Lead and manage IT sourcing initiatives including RFx activities, development of negotiation strategies and providing recommendations to award.
- Interface with IT leadership team, subject matter experts and external vendors on contract management related tasks.
- Liaison with the business Corporate Groups including Legal, Finance, Tax, Security and HR to ensure vendor contracts comply to corporate policies such as Cyber Security, Privacy, Health and Safety and Sox Compliance.
- Develop negotiation plans and lead commercial negotiations with IT vendors.
- Manage relevant key performance indicators and other results-based metrics.
- Provide administrative tasks required to manage contracts in the portfolio.
- Conduct other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary Business or Supply Chain degree preferred
- 5-7 years experience in analyzing and negotiating IT contracts (both commercial and legal terms)
- Strong negotiation skills required
- Experience leading and managing RFx activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively share ideas and issues with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required
- Experience working for a large organization
- Oil & Gas experience is not required but will be considered an asset
- Ability to work at ease with stakeholders, vendors and vendors legal counsel
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office application suite
- The candidate will be working remotely until the mandatory work from home restrictions are lifted. After which they will based in our downtown Calgary office.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.