Our client a leader in the Nuclear Industry in Tennessee, is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer. The details of this opportunity are as follows:
The Mechanical Engineer will provide technical leadership, coordinate and review the work of a small group of multidiscipline engineers, specialists and technicians. Will be the point of contact for the work group regarding new tasks, modifications, assigning work and coordinating the day to days technical activities. As well as
- provide input to the management team
- work on assignments when needed
- make decisions and work independently
- represent the work group in meetings
- resolve technical issues
Education and Experience/Certificates, Licenses, and Registration Requirements/Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or other related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education.
- Several years of experience in mechanical engineering design project work similar to that performed in a plant environment, including at least one year of experience in a nuclear organization.
- Licensed Professional Engineer is desirable. Membership in professional and technical societies is desirable.
Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and S-3 and S-4 medical qualifications when applicable. Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability. Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by the clients procedures during peak periods. Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.