Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Seasonal Pounder Operator / Power Engineer. This is a contract position for four (4) months located in Edmonton, Alberta.
The Seasonal Pounder Operator will report to the plant Manager, responsible for assisting in all aspects of plant operations. A Steam ticket premium will be on top of pay rate, if applicable. Rotating shift and candidate must be able to work weekends and some nightshifts (this includes a nightshift premium) Overtime expectations will be approximately up to 20 hours a week.
- Loading and unloading trucks with asphalt or emulsified asphalt products
- Heating and unloading railcars of asphalt or other bulk liquids
- Operating and maintaining equipment, including pumps, mills, forklifts, and other mobile equipment.
- Receiving, shipping, storing, blending and heating asphalt, emulsion and chemicals used in manufacturing of emulsified asphalt
- Boiler supervision
- Production of emulsified asphalt products
- Order taking from customers
- Product handling including loading, unloading, heating and blending products
- Ensuring safe work practices and adhering to company policy and procedures including understanding and following Safety rules and policies.
- Maintain personal training matrix and safety scorecard compliance
- Production of emulsified asphalt includes preparing raw materials, milling and performing quality control checks
- Order taking
- Proper completion of inventory and shipping documentation
- Maintain all equipment in a proper and safe manner
Must have qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Power Engineering certificate to level of facility employed (3rd or 4th) Note that there is a steam ticket premium.
- 1 year minimum experience in manufacturing or industrial operations role
- Basic PC proficiency and proficiency with Word, Excel, E-mail and SAP
Nice to have qualifications
- Post-secondary education/training
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.