Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Accountant Analyst. This is a contract position for two (2) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
- Process incoming cheques for daily bank deposits.
- Operate cheque scanning and Micro encoder equipment to store payment data.
- Load incoming payments to customer accounts from electronic files.
- Apply cash to customer open items and create chargebacks and overpayments on the account.
- Reconcile customer accounts and clear payment discrepancies.
- Enter data into spreadsheets for uploads and statistical reporting.
- Post adjustments to customer accounts and enter notes into the accounting system to be used by credit for collection.
- Prepare documents for scanning.
- Research problems, answer inquiries and follow up on outstanding issues with various departments
- Prepare reports and analysis for the Cash & A/R accounting area as needed.
- Disciplined person with first- or second-year accounting or finance degree
- Experience; Banking, receivables, or cash management
- Skills required (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) = Demonstrate intermediate knowledge in Excel and word
- Good written and verbal communication skills = Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Nice to have Qualifications:
- Demonstrate excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Be comfortable working in a team environment
- Be comfortable working independently
- Please note: Candidate will be training in the office (Western Canadian Place) then will work from home
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.