Our Aerospace client is hiring IT Agile Operations Director for a contract opportunity. The worked can be performed remotely but must work East Coast Hours. Looking for experience with Project Work in Aerospace or Manufacturing- Not looking for experience in Retail and Healthcare.
Client is in the process of an Agile transformation to improve the speed and efficiency with which we deliver business value through technology. The North America (NORAM) IT Agile Operations director will direct this transformation and ongoing business process continuous improvement efforts for the NORAM region (US and Canada).
· Understand the approach for the Agile transformation that is being used in (modified Spotify method, Kanban, etc.) by working with the central NextGen program office and Agile global chapter lead.
· Define the current state of Agile operations in NORAM IT.
· Define the Agile strategy, organizational model, business processes and culture future state for NORAM IT. Define the plan to transform IT operations from the current state to that future state.
· Define the operational model for the Local Agile chapter including the process for selecting, training and managing service owners and scrum masters.
· Define the benefits and costs of implementing the selected approach, including the business case justifying the transformation, and obtain NORAM CIO approval to proceed.
· Lead the transformation including (1) implementing the organizational model, (2) putting new work processes and tools in place, (3) executing activities to change the culture and, (4) define and implement metrics to track transformation progress and corresponding improvements to value delivery speed and efficiency.
· Define and implement a continuous improvement process for evolution of Agile processes used by NORAM IT following the initial transformation.
Minimum Requirements: Skills, Experience, Education, Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Certifications, Language
· 10+ years overall experience in an aerospace or commercial manufacturing company.
· 3-5 years’ experience in Agile process management or consulting.
· Relevant and current professional certifications in Agile work methods (e.g., SAFe Certified Program Consultant).
· Demonstrated experience leading Lean and/or Agile transformations in a group of >100 people in a relevant environment (not necessarily IT).
· Certification in the Spotify model for Agile methods or Scrum at Scale.
· Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to this role
· Demonstrated experience leading Agile transformations >100 people in an IT organization
Special Position Requirements
· Travel within the US and Canada ~ 5%
· Travel to France or other locations outside the US and Canada ~2%
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re an IT Agile Operations Director, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.