Our oil and gas client in North York, ON is looking to hire a Material Engineer for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Develop and update company specifications and practices related to steel pipe and components, welding, and non-destructive examination to ensure compliance with current industry standards and regulations
• Develop and maintain company welding procedures to ensure compliance with CSA Z662, ASME IX, and best practices.
• Review and approve third-party welding procedures for compliance with CSA Z662 and ASME IX.
• Support field welding operations through welding procedure selection, troubleshooting, and in-service welding assessments including weld modeling.
• Support procurement processes by reviewing material test reports and technical exception requests from vendors to ensure compliance with codes, standards and best practices.
• Provide materials and welding engineering and non-destructive examination support to pipeline and equipment integrity programs, capital and projects of all sizes, and company initiatives in business development and operational excellence.
• Support the assessment of new materials and products of interest to the company.
• Coordinate failure analysis testing when needed
What you will need to succeed…
• Accredited University degree in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering, or equivalent
• Working knowledge of metallic materials, welding engineering, NDE, and quality assurance
• 4 or more years materials and welding engineering experience in the oil and gas industry
• Must possess or be eligible to obtain P.Eng. designation in Ontario
• Demonstrated strong technical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. An ability to build and maintain a good working relationship with the client groups is critical to this role
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Must be able to obtain a valid passport.
• Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license
• Experience conducting root cause analysis, forensic metallurgical failure analysis, and material testing
• Experience providing materials and welding support to major capital projects
• Experience providing operations support in oil and gas production, pipelines, or refining
• Familiar with the fundamentals of Quality Assurance from both a procurement and construction standpoint
• Experience with applicable codes, standards, and regulatory requirements (i.e. CSA, ASME, API, MSS, Ont Reg 210/01, etc.)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.