We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Manager Strategic Initiatives
Resume Due Date: Wednesday September 22nd 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 1 year
Provide assistance to the VP Advanced Inspection & Maintenance (AiM) and senior staff on matters related to AiM’s Business Growth Strategies and strategic planning issues.
- Manage or support a range of strategic development and planning initiatives.
- Perform specific assessments and investigations on a range of strategic matters.
- Develop and leverage supporting internal and external networks and relationships.
Provide Strategic Planning Support:
- Monitor and assess key corporate strategic developments, both internal and external, and facilitate the strategic planning process along with the integration of business intelligence, information and perspectives
- Support development of departmental strategy, strategic objectives and priorities, and key performance indicators, as it relates to Business Growth, and aligned with Corporate strategic priorities.
- Support the development of key stakeholder strategies, and the management of key external corporate relationships/interfaces.
- Interface with internal stakeholders to access information, resources and specialized expertise, and provide input to the development of supporting functional strategies, operating and business plans in AiM.
- Perform strategic studies and analysis in support of AiM strategic planning.
- Assist in the review and integration of functional business strategies to ensure alignment with Business Growth strategies and priorities.
- Monitor external best practices in strategic planning, business growth and development.
Support Strategic Development Initiatives:
- Assess OPG’s internal capital allocation process and integrate it with AiM strategic, business and investment planning.
- Project manage and/or support a range of AiM strategic development and planning initiatives.
- Provide support in assessing new generation and/or business development opportunities/investments.
- Analyze and assess business policies and government, business trends and new business opportunities, and supporting strategies and plans for seeding and advancing growth options/opportunities, while leveraging support resources from across the corporation as required.
- Negotiate and manage corresponding commercial arrangements with external parties in the fulfillment of the above initiatives.
Support Business Intelligence Capability:
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships with stakeholders in industry, supporting services, government and academia in support of ongoing research and various strategic initiatives.
- Prepare regular briefing reports and special assessments; undertake both primary and secondary market, business issue or technical research.
- Develop and manage a business intelligence database and address specific management queries.
- Liaise with industry experts both inside and outside Canada to obtain a broad context for understanding various trends and developments of significance to AiM and OPG.
- Develop and implement initiatives to strengthen the linkages between the Hydroelectric/Thermal, Nuclear and other Corporate organizations by fostering collaboration on issues of common concern in AiM.
- Undertake synthesis and analysis of business intelligence to identify potential business opportunities and threats and propose strategies to capitalize on opportunities and/or mitigate threats.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sciences, construction management or business (preferred)
- 10+ years experience working in engineering, operations, R&D and/or construction sector with a focus on large projects, 5+ years in business development or strategic planning
- Proven experience in strategic business planning and execution, business development, bid preparation, securing new customers and demonstrating proven growth metrics
- Advanced knowledge of investment strategies, Business Planning, contracting models and strategic relationship management
- An ability to learn and discuss a broad range of technical capabilities and services with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in the Nuclear industry is considered and assets as well as PMP certification and an MBA
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong leadership skills and ability to positively motivate business development, growth, marketing, technology and investment strategies and leverage and sell the tacit knowledge of a deeply experienced team.
- Effective project and financial management skills and strong business acumen