BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi?trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. We are a family-owned and family-run company that employs thousands of highly skilled and talented professionals across North America. With nearly 100 years of diverse market experience, we are a forward?thinking organization with a strong track record of delivering operational excellence and customer-focused solutions that stand the test of time.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
Reporting to the Regional Controller, the Assistant Controller will work in conjunction with the Regional Controller to undertake and manage the financial affairs in accordance with Corporate Policy.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide support on job set up, cost codes, billing markup rate tables as required
· Assist operations with any job start up requirements
· Assist operations with preparation of any ad hoc reports related to job performance
· Prepare salary recovery worksheets and other cost transfer forms and post
· Post journal entries, perform bank reconciliations and other reconciliations as required
· Perform month end process related to jobs (support job close out and profit recognition)
· Complete and review month-end reconciliations and budget variance analyses
· Ensure management of general ledger.
· Review and justify expense reports and other expenditures
· Manage cash flow and other company assets
· Provide support to resolve vendor payment disputes as needed
· Assist with monthly billing of jobs as required and collection of accounts receivable when required
· Plan, organize and undertake the period close process including preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
· Ensure integrity of financial data and systems and adherence to Corporate reporting timelines
· Ensure conformity with internal accounting policies and business processes as well as compliance with internal controls with a keen eye toward cost control and accuracy
· Review internal control systems and recommend changes where needed
· Review accounting processes/workflows and make recommendations where needed
· Support ongoing business planning and quarterly forecasting processes as well as annual strategic planning exercise
· Participate in annual external audit
· Other assistance and reporting as required
· Communicates Effectively
· Continuous Learning
· Customer & Vendor Focus
· Holds Self and Others Accountable
· Problem Identification, Solving and Innovation
· Teamwork and Collaboration
· Values and Respects Others
· Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
· Strategic Perspective
· Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
· CPA designation is required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum of 5 years in an Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller role
· Working experience in the construction industry an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Good organization skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Knowledge of JD Edwards is preferred
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.