HVAC Sales Representative
- Full-time permanent position
- Regina, Saskatchewan
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, commission, and vacation
- Work with a company that values growth and is committed to levelling up their team with new skills and experience
You’re an HVAC professional, with years of experience on the tools and ready to take on a new challenge. You’ll have the opportunity to sell HVAC services and solutions with a well-established and successful business, where your technical knowledge and budding sales skills will be recognized and well rewarded.
Who is the employer?
We’re Ian Martin Group, and we’ve partnered with our client, a well-respected single-source HVAC provider for quality HVAC service and solutions including preventative maintenance and special projects for light industrial, commercial & residential clients. When working with their clients the goal is to lower owner and operator costs, improve profitability, mitigate financial risk, and provide remarkable service.
With decades of expertise and a team comprised of talented individuals including a diverse group of technicians training in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, electrical and plumbing. What sets them apart is their focused approach to project planning, comprehensive service, service delivery, and guaranteed results.
They are eager to get a trained HVAC professional to join the team and ready to dive into the world of sales.
What you’ll be doing
As the new HVAC Sales Representative, your primary goal in this position will be to use your strong technical HVAC knowledge to sell services/solutions. A typical day for you will look a lot like this: qualify prospects, make sales presentations, answer questions, survey mechanical systems, provide recommendations, provide cost estimates, and identify new prospects in the market.
- Qualify prospects, make sales presentations, answer questions and objections in a proficient and responsible manner
- Manage quotes and sales, estimate cost of proposed service, and apply company pricing standards to the estimates
- Survey mechanical systems. Understand prospect needs and problems. Determine repair modifications, and/or replacements to provide prospects with solutions to problems. Interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions
- Provide modification/repair/replacement recommendations and document these to the client and operations department
- Understand customer cost to own, operate and maintain facilities and translate that understanding into proposal and sales that will enhance client facilities while reducing long-term owning and operating costs
- Identify prospects in the market. Promptly follow up on leads and referrals. Establish customer rapport and identify needs. Maintain an active backlog of quotes and assure booking goal is consistently met
- Promptly address customer concerns to assure resolution of problems and maintain long-term relationships
- Build rapport and productive working relationships with customers, vendors and the operations team
- Prepare clear and concise reports, proposals, booking packages, and required company paperwork. Maintain written supportive information relative to delays, changes, special conditions, schedules etc.
You’ll succeed her if you are:
- Positive – you see problems as challenges to overcome, and lessons to learn.
- Sociable – you enjoy working with others.
- Decisive – you can move quickly and with confidence in complex environments.
- Independent – you work well on your own and manage your time well.
This is a position for someone who is strong on the HVAC tool kit, keen to learn as much as they can in sales and eager to explore another facet of the business.
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Regina SK. You work out of the Regina office and travel to clients in the Regina area. This role offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, commission plan, car allowance and paid vacation.
- 5-10 years HVAC experience (e.g., HVAC technician, HVAC mechanic, Air conditioning Technician, HVAC installer, Refrigeration Technician, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with HVAC principles, systems, and applications
- Previous experience in a technical sales/sales or customer-facing role an asset
- Travel to job sites in the area will be required, so a valid driver’s license is a necessity
- College or university education in an engineering or related field (e.g., mechanical engineering, mechanical technology, or similar) would be considered an asset.
- HVAC ticket/certification or related HVAC license in commercial/industrial/residential would be considered an asset (e.g., HVAC Technician, G1 and/or G2 gas license, ODP Ozone Depletion Prevention, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic etc.)
Please include a cover letter, explaining why you think you are an ideal candidate for the role and include it along with your resume.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!