- Based in beautiful Victoria, BC
- Full-time permanent position
- Opportunity to join a diverse, hardworking team who are on a collective mission to upgrade humanity one person at a time
- CPA / CA designation required
Who are you?
You’re an experienced finance leader, with a strong desire to work with and lead a dynamic and mission-driven team. You’re excited by the opportunity to join a company with a vision to help people unlock their potential to live better and healthier lives.
You have experience with multi-entity international organizations, as well as experience reporting under US GAAP, and are excited by the opportunity to help scale and then lead and fast-growing cross-border team.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you.
Who are we?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, Neurotech Forty, an established group of companies operating in Canada and the U.S., with an agile, start-up mindset and a passion for improving the lives of others through science and technology.
They have a portfolio of established companies as well as new start-ups (which include Bulletproof Radio, Upgrade Labs, 40 Years of Zen, and more) operating in the fast-paced Health and Lifestyle markets. Just a few of the many things they are into are infrared light technologies, supplements, large scale events, podcasts with over 77 million downloads and more!
What you’ll be doing
As the new Corporate Controller, reporting to the Director Finance, you will be responsible for providing the timely, accurate and relevant dissemination of financial information to all stakeholders, facilitating an environment for well-informed decision making. Leading a growing team of finance and accounting professionals, you will provide leadership to all full cycle accounting and financial reporting processes for multiple Canadian and US entities.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Monitoring, assessing, and maintaining internal control framework around financial reporting, procurement, inventory management, human resources / payroll, and capital expenditures.
- Monitoring both trade receivables and payables to ensure balances are not unnecessarily aging and are reconciled.
- Ensuring all statutory filings/remittances are accurate and on time.
- Monitoring/managing the Company’s weekly cash requirements.
- Ensuring all inter-company transactions are appropriately billed in accordance with the inter-company services agreement.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate dissemination of financial reports to all stakeholders.
- Driving the annual budget and periodic forecast processes.
- Leading/managing the Finance and Admin team, including, completing annual performance evaluations, goal setting, and, when necessary disciplinary actions.
- Helping to develop and communicate financial metrics to senior management.
- Analyzing and assessing current operations through the analysis of trends and data and, when necessary, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Supporting senior management in the development of strategic plans, financial models, and asset acquisitions and divestitures.
The organization is growing and changing rapidly, and so the best person for this role will be able to lead and manage change effectively in a high-growth environment. We will look to you to evaluate, refine, correct, and optimize existing finance systems and processes, while simultaneously identifying and creating those that are yet to be built.
Beyond technical experience, success in this role will require a strategic, forward-thinking, and proactive nature. You will need to be able to identify and communicate potential issues and solutions before they become problems, and will take a high degree of accountability and responsibility.
This full-time, permanent position is based in Victoria, BC, working primarily remotely to start (likely until December 2021 or January 2022) and then mostly in-office after that. We are open to meeting exceptional candidates who may need to relocate.
Occasional travel to the US to meet with your cross-border team may be required infrequently. This position offers a highly competitive compensation package including benefits.
What you’ll bring
- CPA, CA designation is required
- 10+ years’ progressive senior finance experience including people leadership experience (preferably in growing and/or cross-border/geographically dispersed teams)
- In depth knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience providing financial leadership in a multi-entity international organization
- General knowledge of US/Canadian corporate income tax, federal/state/provincial sales tax, and US/Canadian payroll taxes
- Audit experience
- Knowledge of control environments
- Strong technical expertise, with familiarity and experience with adopting and implementing new technologies to automate finance and accounting processes
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.