Press Quench Operator
- New Berlin, WI
- $16.50 to $25.00 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- Contract to Perm Position
- Previous Experience Required
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a global provider of subcontract thermal processing services and looking to grow their team. As their new Heat Treat Operator, you will be counted on to operate, control, and monitor heat treating equipment, working independently on several processes.
You will be doing….
- Assists with operations, control, and monitoring of heat treating and related equipment as required and written in procedures on shop traveler and/or customer paperwork
- Prepares work for processing; load and unloads furnaces, bins, fixtures, baskets, etc.
- Brings any irregularity to Lead Person for management
- Promotes safety and good housekeeping practices
- Practices and promotes safety and good housekeeping.
- Performs other tasks as assigned or dictated by the position
- Responsible for the care and treatment of customer’s inventory and as such will perform duties in a safe and responsible manner to prevent customer loss or damage
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand, and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism
Why this is the right job for you…
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three to five years experience in heat treating
- Must have working knowledge of metallurgy, temperatures, etc.
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift operation certification
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language
- Knowledge and hands on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required
Physical & Mental Demands: The following physical and mental demands consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time in an office/industrial environment
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform functions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Must have the cognitive and mental capacity to perform essential job functions
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Sherene.Carol.Noronha@ianmartin.com or call at 281-326-9697
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.