Product Manager (Robotics Autonomy)
· Kitchener, ON (hybrid remote/in office work)
· Full-time permanent position
· Competitive salary range commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits including 4 weeks’ vacation
· Opportunity to be part of an innovative, fun team in a certified Great Place to Work® company
You’re a seasoned Product Manager with a proven track record managing technically complex hardware/software solutions, and a strong interest in the field of autonomous mobile robots.
If you’re in search of a new challenge, and an opportunity to play a key leadership role in delivering a unique and highly innovative product and solving critical problems at the heart of the business, this could be the role for you.
Who are we?
Our client is a robotics company with a vision to bring robotic solutions into everyday life. Their ground-breaking product is deployed around the world and trusted by leading facilities and building service companies. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada, they offer comprehensive service and support to customers on 5 continents.
Now, they are looking you, their new Product Manager.
What you’ll be doing
As the Product Manager your role is to oversee the roadmap and collaborate on the long-term planning for the autonomy teams, which consist of the planning, localization and perception teams.
In this role you will work closely with the autonomy architects and the product owner to prepare the roadmap for the autonomy groups and gather feedback from our customers and other data sources to ensure we are delivering the most value to those customers, and that are stakeholders and customers are kept up to date.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Develop and maintain a deep technical understanding of our robot autonomy and its underlying technologies to understand and guide trade-off decisions
- Develop the roadmap for the different teams in the autonomy group in collaboration with the architecture, product, and program management teams.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, and translate technical capabilities into clear customer benefits
- Define success metrics and analyze operational data to assess how we are performing in the field and use this data to make better roadmap decisions
- Coordinate with other Product Managers, Project Managers and/or Program Managers in cross-team initiatives to manage dependencies, resources, close gaps, and ensure alignment.
- Work alongside Product Marketing to produce marketing and communications collateral associated with releases including feature training, help documentation, etc.
- Contribute to the feature release process alongside Product Marketing including creation of positioning / messaging, launch plans, presentations and other communications as appropriate
- Communicate vision, priorities, and represent the voice of the customer within Avidbots
- With the assistance of the Finance organization, monitor the autonomy group financial performance (mini – P&L) to help drive financially sound roadmap
Success in this role will require developing a deep understanding of autonomy. The best person for this role has had experience managing highly complex technical solutions, either in robotics or in another highly technical field (i.e., medical, aerospace, etc.).
This is an exciting, challenging, and extremely rewarding opportunity for a motivated, experienced, and data driven product management professional looking to make a meaningful impact at a growing company. If you’re intrigued, then we want to meet you.
This is a full-time permanent position, offering a competitive annual salary and generous benefits and time off. Their office is based in Kitchener, and ideally we are looking for someone who would be able to work a hybrid role, with some days per week in office. If you are based outside of the Kitchener area, relocation assistance is available.
What you’ll bring
- BSc or MSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years shipping products as a Product Manager
- Well-rounded product management experience that includes engagement with technical teams, sales & marketing teams, and senior leadership
- Strong communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Strong background in mobile robot autonomy or demonstrated ability to learn deep technical concepts (medical, robotics, aerospace, etc.)
- Experience with complex products with strong technical depth (medical, aerospace, etc.) with a mix of hardware and software
- Experience with enterprise products sold into one or more of the following verticals: Facilities Management, Retail, and Warehousing.
- Expert on product discovery and modern methods to tackle product uncertainties on value, feasibility, usability, and viability.
And it would be a bonus if you had any of the following:
- Background as product manager in Machine Learning / Computer Vision fields
- Background in AMRs / related robotic products
- Certified Product Owner
- Pragmatic Marketing certification
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.