Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Regulatory Compliance Advisor to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
Midstream has a position for a Regulatory Compliance Advisor based in the Calgary corporate office Tuesday to Thursday and flexibility to work from home Monday and Fridays. There will be moderate travel to our field offices in Lloydminster and Hardisty. While reporting to the Regulatory and Environmental Compliance and Document Control Manager, the successful candidate will support regulatory and environmental compliance activities and requirements. This position will ensure the Midstream team meets all regulatory and environmental commitments and compliance requirements. This position is a one year term and has potential to become a full-time permanent position.
Our ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of Saskatchewan and CER’s Regulatory and Environmental pipeline framework and experience with audits.
- Research, track, and communicate the impact of new and amended legislation and regulation changes to internal stakeholders;
- Gather data and information from variety of sources and analyze data critically with aim of building a comprehensive compliance requirement spreadsheet to be used as an audit tool;
- Review Major Projects Pipeline regulatory applications and filings and ensuring a high degree of accuracy and completeness;
- Conduct Environmental approval / license reviews and, if necessary, prepare amendments for corrections to accurate reflect Midstream Operational compliance;
- Perform analytical work to support Midstream Operations and maintain operational licenses, permits, orders, and approvals;
- Communicate and track associated compliance conditions and obligations to various SME’s;
- Maintain Project Legal Registry log, including identification of task owners, frequency and due dates;
- Maintain Operational Regulatory compliance log, verify evidence, and file all necessary documents; Assign, Track and Verify Regulatory Compliance Tasks in Enablon;
- Support regulatory audits, information requests, incident response for non-compliance events, by gathering various sources of data and evidence and coordinating with SME’s;
- Develop processes and/or procedures to meet regulatory obligations;
- Document management, including filing of regulatory correspondence and management of data systems;
- Regular maintenance and organization of the Regulatory SharePoint Site and filing structure.
- 5+ years of related industry experience with a degree in engineer, environmental, geology, legal or any related discipline
- Strong understanding of CER and Saskatchewan (MOE and MER) regulatory framework;
- Experience with Regulator audits (AER, CER, MOE, MER)
- Experience building, tracking and maintaining compliance logs
- High attention to detail and organization skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint) and industry applications (Abadata, Accumap, DDS, Sharepoint, SAP, Enablon, etc.);
- Self-starter who is able to deal with multiple deadlines
- Can quickly grasp compliance requirements, regulations, engineering design, operational, and integrity concepts and communicate them to internal and external stakeholders;
- Willingness to travel to field locations.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.