Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Sr. Planner – Regulatory Planning. This is a contract position for nine (9) Months located in Calgary, Alberta.
The Sr. Planner – Regulatory Planning is responsible for detailed planning related to Preventive Maintenance (PM) work. The Sr. Planner – Regulatory Planning shall work with other on-site groups including maintenance, OCT, Operations, Facilities Engineering, & PRT/RFO, to ensure high PM planning accuracy
- Responsible for preventive maintenance planning activities:
- Adhere to site processes, business flows, procedures, and standard practices
- Develop and Support PM Job Plans:
- Verify maintenance work required for a specific trade-based skill on PM job plans are accurate.
- Ensure job plans are developed with high consideration for safe execution with adherence to site practices and procedures.
- Look ahead to upcoming PM work and identify scope for planning accuracy improvement (tasks, task durations, required resources, material, and parts).
- Support and field verify PM job plans, including selecting parts, identifying trades, special tools, skills, external services, rentals, and documentation required with planned costs.
- Validate PM work execution and gather inputs from maintenance team and technicians for continuous improvement.
- Mine historical work orders, job plans, scaffold plans to increase quality and minimize rework of PM plans.
- Manage and execute PM Work Order Process:
- Responsible for adherence to the Work Order life cycle process.
- Adhere to KPI targets including but not limited to PM Planning Accuracy and maintenance costs.
- Responsible for adherence to the Maintenance annual budget through effective and accurate planning within the assigned team.
- Responsible to plan PM maintenance work as required for specific integrated Shutdown, Turnaround and Outage (iSTO) and major maintenance schedules well in advance of each regulatory event.
- Responsible to facilitate and attend all required meetings within the maintenance management architecture.
- Provide support to site planning groups.
- Work with operations, fluid management team (FMT) & facility integrity group (FIG) to develop accurate cleaning and inspection plans
- *Note: Job roles & responsibilities will continue to evolve as processes are being developed. The job profile does not include all roles an employee is responsible for. Supervisors may request employees perform roles not listed in the job description or job profile.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Journeyman Trade Certification with a minimum 5 years of experience in an industrial setting, at the Journeyman Level.
- Detailed job planning in a steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) oil facility.
- Meeting ABSA requirements when participating in Regulatory Planning.
- Maintenance of pressure equipment, vessels, tanks, exchangers and welding packages.
- Experience as an operations liaison for projects is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to high safety standards.
- Superior trouble shooting skills, excellent organizational skills, problem solving and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a team environment.
- Extensive planning experience using a CMMS program (Maximo or SAP)
- This is a full-time position located in our downtown Calgary offices with extensive field travel to our Sunrise and Tucker facilities. Field travel upwards of 25% of your time should be anticipated.
- Each site has full-service camp facilities and is serviced by flight from Calgary.
- Safety sensitive checks required: a. Drivers Abstract b. Alcohol and Drug c. Medical
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.