Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a two (2) Logistics Advisors. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
- There are two positions to be filled one is focused on Truck logistics, while the second focuses more on rail logistics
- Work directly with site operations to manage volumes and inbound trucks to ensure demand fulfillment
- Manage relationships with Western Canadian truck carriers
- Manage relationships with Canadian and US carriers
- Manage daily requests for freight rates and costs to deliver to new jobs
- Maintain fuel surcharge databases
- Enter necessary freight and associated delivery costs into ETRM systems
- Seeks alternative sources of delivery during planned and unplanned outages to meet sales commitments and forecasts
- Provide freight rates to marketing and trading to assist with new business development
- Provide customer service to counter parties, customers, and other internal and external stakeholders i
- Coordinate daily scheduling of trucks between manufacturing, terminals, customers and sales
- Manage shipments of asphalt and emulsions throughout Western Canada
- Manage and distribute daily, weekly and monthly logistics reports, KPIs and dashboards
- Verify and approve non auto freight truck invoices
- Proactively seek out ways to minimize logistics costs, improve service delivery and manage incremental volumes
- Provide backup and support to other logistics roles in the team
- 1 to 2 years of experience background in SCM, Logistics or Operations
- Previous Logistics experience in railway and/or operations
- Broad based knowledge of Supply Chain Management process.
- Experience with E-Commerce
- Experience in planning and scheduling, as well as in the development of integrated schedules
- Experience working in MS SQL database management and development
- Pervious experience with Allegro (nice to have)
- Ability to analyze data and information and extract information to understand stakeholder requirements
- Meticulous detail on Data and data management
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.