Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
The Senior Project Manger is accountable for the cost, schedule, quality, and execution of the Pipeline Projects. The individual will oversee the whole execution phase of the project from construction contract award through construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning of the pipeline. With the assistance from project controls, the PM will manage and forecast costs on a weekly basis and is responsible to ensure change management processes are followed
- Work with project controls to ensure the schedule is progressed and updated to ensure construction timelines are actively managed.
- Ensure the pipeline and LACT unit is constructed to the requirements of the construction work package.
- Ensure engineering change management and governance is followed and all changes are vetted by the engineering company of record prior to execution in the field.
- Complete monthly progress reporting to management
- Manage and forecast costs on a weekly basis
- Ensure change management processes are followed
- 10 years experience in Oil & Gas Pipeline & Facilities work, experienced with cost schedules, quality, and execution of pipeline projects
- P.Eng, registered either Alberta (APEGA) or Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience in Engineering, Project Management, and/or Project Controls
- Experience with pre-commissioning and commissioning of Pipeline Projects
- Midstream experience an asset
- This role is Calgary based, with some site travel for meetings and progress reports.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.