Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Dispatch Technician. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan.
The Dispatch Technician is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the fluid movement load plans within the Transportation & Logistics team servicing Heavy Oil and Gas operations. Movement of fluids takes place from the well tank location to either a disposal facility or battery (i.e. end destinations) to include emulsion, produced water, clean oil, and sour product.
- Develop load plans for night and day shifts and verify plans with carriers and against facility capacities and availability (e.g., to balance and optimize). Use operations run sheets, specific computer software, and Excel to develop load plans.
- Coordinate the direction and utilization of disposal and facility capacity with production operations and carriers using District procedures and guidelines
- Monitor inventories to obtain levels (%) which meets Transportation dept targets
- Collaborate with Supervisor of Transportation & Logistics as well as the Field Area Advisors to optimize and improve fluid movement processes, targets, and load plans. Create troubleshooting scenarios for ongoing analysis and review.
- Implement Logistics Emergency Response Procedure during accident or incident
- Valid Driver’s License
- A minimum of 2 years fluid hauling-related experience.
- Knowledge of legal land descriptions
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, decision making, and facilitation skills
- Highly motivated, outstanding positive attitude and desire to grow job responsibility
- flexible and adapt easily to changing priorities
- Establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with operators, carriers, and coworkers
Nice to Have
- Previous safety experience
- Related post-secondary education or diploma from Technical School
- Incident Investigation certification
- Safety courses, training, certifications
- Prior work with Operations and Fluid Haulers
- Auditing experience and/or certification would be an asset
- Incident Investigation experience and/or certification would be an asset
- Working knowledge of SCADA would be an asset
- Work Schedule: 7 on, 7 off rotation – Day shift 12-hour shift – from 7 AM to 7 PM.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.