On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
The Account Representative I Volume Management reports to the Manager of Scheduling and Volume Management.
Responsible for day-to-day customer operational support in the areas of nominations, confirmations, and allocations for the USGTM pipelines, storage, and offshore facilities.
3 Job function is considered critical to operations. The position requires working a shift schedule consisting of 7 12-hour day shifts followed by 7 days off. As pipeline conditions dictate, candidates must be flexible and willing to accommodate unanticipated changes in the work schedule.
- Assists customers as they utilize contracted services from each of the pipeline, storage, and offshore facilities. Includes responding to customer inquiries related to:
- Nominations, scheduling, confirmations, allocations, curtailment, critical and non-critical notices, OBAs, imbalances, capacity release, and storage injections and withdrawals.
- Tariff interpretation
- EBB access
- Analyzes prioritize and address transportation and related customer problems/ issues with other members of Volume Management as well as Marketing, Capacity Services, Scheduling, and other interfacing departments, as appropriate. Has ultimate responsibility to ensure that customer receives timely resolution of all discrepancies involving pipeline services.
- Coordinates activities with Gas Control/ Marketing/ Business Development/ Engineering/ Capacity Planning/ Scheduling/ Capacity Services concerning customer contract usage, operational issues, outages, and maintenance and communicates related information to customers.
- Works with customers on developing and implementing both transportation and storage utilization strategies.
- Identify system LINK issues and help troubleshoot with LINK staff.
Decision Making Authority and Independent Judgment / Discretion:
- Serves in learning and supporting capacities for most assigned job duties, such as training, administration, communication, reporting, problem resolution, and project management.
- Learns to develop an understanding of the supported flowing gas processes (such as nominations, confirmations, allocations, curtailment, critical and non-critical notices, OBAs, imbalances, and storage injections and withdrawals) to become a “resident” subject matter expert.
- Informs management of all current and potential customer concerns, issues, and possible opportunities. Presents to management the associated potential risks and benefits.
- Works under close, direct supervision. Generally makes few independent decisions. When making decisions, they are typically routine with ample precedent or with clearly defined procedures as guidance. Work is typically reviewed for accuracy and adequacy and conformance with prescribed procedures.
- Contributes to process improvements.
Contacts (Working Relationships):
- Transportation and Storage Service Customers
- Commercial Departments (Marketing, Business Development, and Commercial Services)
- Operational Departments (Gas Control, Capacity Services, Scheduling, Measurement, Capacity Planning, and Asset Planning)
- Regulatory Affairs
- FERC Compliance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- No minimum experience
- A team player with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate, concisely, and accurately using oral and written communications with internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively solve problems by using analytical skills to reach a logical conclusion
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting, or engineering.
- Experience with Gas Control, Scheduling, Capacity Services, Regulatory, Marketing, or other areas with applicable experience.
- Basic understanding of pipeline and storage commercial operations and value drivers.
- Knowledge of USGTM assets.
- Experience with or ability to learn the LINK system.
- Effective human relations, influencing, and listening skills to work in a “team” environment, including communications necessary for effective handoff and pick-up responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate, organize and prioritize a significant volume of information on time and determine the proper course of action, including the evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources.
- Effective negotiation skills for interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Pro-active self-starter with a high level of motivation and personal initiative
- Demonstrated decision-making and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments and external parties to achieve goals.
- Proficiency working with office computer applications such as Microsoft Office Products.
- The position requires working a shift schedule consisting of 7 12-hour day shifts followed by 7 days off.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on limited occasions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
week 1 (Mon-Sun)
Mon: 0 hrs, Tues 0 hrs, Wed 0 hrs, Thurs 0 hrs, Fri 12 hrs, Sat 12 hrs, Sun 12 hrs = 36 hrs
Week 2 (Mon-Sun)
Mon: 12 hrs, Tues 12 hrs, Wed 12 hrs, Thurs 12 hrs, Fri 0 hrs, Sat 0 hrs, Sun 0 hrs = 48 hrs (40 hrs ST 8 OT)
Mon: 0 hrs, Tues 0 hrs, Wed 0 hrs, Thurs 0 hrs, Fri 0 hrs, Sat 0 hrs, Sun 0 hrs = 0 hrs