Our multinational electricity and gas utility company is currently hiring Construction Coordinator, who will be responsible for overseeing assigned contract work and coordinating the daily activities. The project is based out in Rochester, NY for a contract duration of 12 months.
The Construction Supervisor, under the general direction of the Manager, will be responsible for overseeing assigned contract work and coordinating the daily activities of assigned contractor crews to assure high standards of safety, security, environmental compliance, and assuring uninterrupted service is delivered to customers in a timely and professional manner consistent with Company and regulatory requirements.
· Provide leadership, technical expertise, contract interpretation and direction to assigned Underground and Overhead distribution line construction contractor personnel to ensure that high standards of safety, security and environmental compliance are developed and consistently followed at our construction contract job sites.
· Work closely with PM&CC department management, engineering, operations, contract personnel and others to develop a construction work plan that closely coincides with and facilitates timely effective completion of projects assigned in the construction contract work plans.
· Take a proactive role interfacing with district customers, engineering, design, and other interested groups to fully understand contract program needs and ensure that promised commitments are delivered on time and within budget.
· Participate in construction conference calls and meetings to report on status of assigned construction projects and maintenance work. Ensure safe and reliable construction and maintenance of the distribution systems consistent with company goals, objectives, and policies, in full compliance with existing and relevant emerging government codes and regulations.
· Coordinate with department supervisors, field contract personnel, contractors, and others to ensure that identified overhead and underground construction and maintenance work is scheduled in a timely manner to support and complement internal and external construction work to meet high quality work standards and construction practices.
· Document contract crew activities, prepare and present periodic oral and written update reports and verify the accuracy of contractor invoicing. Report on job progress utilizing a web-based reporting database.
· When required conduct Incident Analyses and prepare and present periodic oral and written reports.
· Assure that assigned field personnel are properly directed, trained, and evaluated within Company guidelines and procedures to ensure company standards, and environmental and safety regulations are consistently followed.
· Specialized training in basic electricity and electricity theory and national application standards
· Job-related experience or knowledge acquired from 2-year plus additional specialist training with 5 years qualifying work experience
· 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in construction, operation, and maintenance of Underground and Overhead facilities with strong understanding of company Construction Standards and work methods.
· 2-year Degree in a related engineering discipline and/or significant relevant construction experience, education, and development in all aspects of utility distribution line construction operations; Underground and Overhead.
· Strong knowledge of Federal, State, OSHA, local, company Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a Construction Coordinator, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.