Our client is currently requesting resumes for the following position: Technical Officer/Engineer
Resume Due Date: March 6 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 1 year
Location: 777 Brock Road, Pickering ON
Project Title: Inspection & Reactor Innovation
- Develop the NDT specialist competencies in Advanced NDT methods (Phased Array UT, Concrete NDT, Eddy Current Array, etc.)
- Develop, deploy and execute inspection activities focused on advanced NDT methods
- Develop learning autonomy
- Prepare Technical Work Instructions and develop procedures and techniques.
- Perform laboratory and field investigations; provide support in lab or field environments by conducting tests or troubleshooting equipment
- Assist in the design, assembly, deployment and maintenance of tooling equipment, processes, systems and development of NDT methods.
- Work with newly acquired technology intended to enhance performance of the NDT Team. This includes, but is not limited to: Augmented Reality technology, Virtual Reality technology and other similar technologies. The required work includes, but is not limited to: research, analysis and utilization of the aforementioned technologies, Machine Learning, Data Management, and Applications Development.
- Collaborate with team to lead development of new technology applications
- Prepare technical documentation such as technical specifications, field implementation procedures, inspection and test plans, operating manuals, etc.
- As a technical specialist perform investigations and technical studies for customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations and help resolve customer raised issues/problems.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by following good quality and safety practices in all aspects of work performed. Maintain quality records.
- You hold a Professional diploma (DEP) or CEGEP degree (AEC/DEC) in Engineering or have equivalent experience
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in non-destructive testing (NDT)
- You have a Canadian General Standard Board (CGSB) certifications, level 2 or level 3 in more than one method (including either UT or ET) or equivalent knowledge
- You have knowledge about typical NDT industrial codes and standards
- You have a good working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, UltraVision (or equivalent)
- Requires knowledge of mechanical components, visual inspection equipment, motion control hardware and other instrumentation to facilitate assembly, testing and maintenance of tooling devices and systems.
- Requires knowledge of machine design and electricity to facilitate assembly, testing and maintenance of NDE devices and systems.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing an innovation process, strategy and/ or department
- Knowledge of innovation tools including experience using innovation development frameworks and models that will interface with the marketplace
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills and experience in executing on the details of an innovation strategy including innovation processes and systems
- Proven experience with innovation strategy development, competitive strategy, and scenario planning
- Strong business acumen, marketing and analytical skills
- Outstanding qualitative research, and presentation skills
- Ability to synthesize interview data and integrate into meaningful reports and recommendations
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Comfort working in a virtual environment
- Conducted market and business analysis/research
- Experience with development of Innovation process is an asset
- High degree of comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to be self-directed and contribute to engagements
- Collegial team player who can work in a small team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work effectively with and influence senior leaders
- Diplomacy, poise, maturity and empathy are all key attributes for success