We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Reactor Physics Expert
Resume Due Date: Friday, April 6th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 1 year
Location: Darlington, ESSB
- Provide technical evaluations and advice, solve problems and coordinate technical work as required, for Darlington Unit 2 return to service, isotope production project(s) and other major work areas in support of the continuing operation of the units.
- Maintain and/or update operating and other specified department/divisional procedures
- Prepare technical reports. Initiate studies or investigations where opportunities for improvement are apparent.
- Review relevant safety analysis for operational implementation.
- Prepare or review training materials associated with reactor physics support or significant reactivity evolutions for Unit 2 return to service.
- 10+ years of experience in a position relevant to nuclear reactor physics or safety analysis
- Extensive knowledge of reactor physics practices applicable to CANDU reactors, with relevant experience providing operational physics support
- Demonstrated expertise in neutronics, core physics and/or associated numerical methods
- Exceptional planning and organization skills with ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task and work within tight timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to prepare effective documentation, to maintain relationships and work in conjunction with various teams within the organization
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- A results-oriented focus is essential, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and effectively manage several projects simultaneously
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach, and excellent attention to detail.