We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Design Team Lead
Resume Due Date: Wednesday Sept 26,2018 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Duration: 2 years
Location: 1340 Pickering Pkwy, Pickering ON
Project Title: Pickering Safe Storage Project
Design Team Lead is proficient in the use of Engineering Change Control processes and procedure and is accountable for the production and delivery of high quality design products as part of the Pickering Safe Storage Project. The Design Team Lead is responsible for coordinating and delegating work with a team of Design Engineers to meet safety, quality, schedule and cost commitments as established by the Engineering Section Manager and/or Project. The Design Team Lead will:
- Prepare engineering documentation, including engineering specifications, procedures, training manuals, operations manuals, and drawings.
- Adhere to specific governance, processes and guidelines used to prepare/revise engineering and project documentation.
- Conduct field work to validate assumptions for ongoing assignments, and to provide technical support/oversight for execution activities.
- Assist in project planning, including preparation of Project Execution Plans, project estimating, Risk Register, Business Case Summary, and other pertinent documents.
- Prepare/revise technical justifications, procedures, training and qualification plans.
- Interface with regulators and stakeholders on technical matters.
- 4 year university degree in mechanical, electrical, civil, instrumentation and control, chemical, or nuclear engineering.
- P.Eng. designation required.
- 5 or more years of experience “field” of education required.
- Demonstrated experience with Engineering Change Control preferred.
- Nuclear experience preferred.
- Project Management or Project Coordination experience is considered an asset.
- Pickering experience, preferred Safe Store experience
- Fuel handling knowledge and experience is considered an asset
- Experienced licensed operator/supervisor shift personnel is considered an asset