We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Technical Reviewer – Return to Service
Resume Due Date: Tuesday, June 19th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Duration: 19 months
Be responsible for overall RTS-Documentation completion assurance in providing overall technical review, problem solving, review of technical specifications, product expertise, and related services to stakeholders, station/facility personnel, management and other interested parties concerning operations and maintenance (including redesign of systems, equipment, and components, construction/modification/fabrication and commissioning) of nuclear plants and associated facilities in one or any combination of the following fields:
- Maintenance (mechanical, civil, control including predictive, preventive & corrective)
- Fuel handling
- Nuclear Safety Analysis and Assessment, including, safe operating envelope
- Risk and Reliability Assessment, including Probabilistic Risk Assessment
- Tritium Removal Facility (TRF), and Heavy Water Management
- Performance engineering (eg. primary, secondary, common and safety/support systems)
- Component, equipment, and Piping
- Engineering Programs
- Environmental qualification
- Chemistry and materials science
- Configuration management, engineered modifications and design basis control
- Inspection and maintenance (eg. NDE)
- System & equipment design (eg. mechanical, electrical, I & C, civil, and software)
- Design drawings and on-line wiring
- Procurement Engineering
- Pressure Boundary
- Analysis (structural, component, thermal hydraulic, specialized Nuclear)
- Nuclear Waste Management
- Research & Development Management
- Quality Management
- Functional area projects (eg. technical, analytical, engineering, modifications)
- Knowledge of engineering principles and technical understanding of a nuclear plant.
- Good communication skills (written and oral) are required.
- Successful completion of a four year university education in appropriate engineering field or equivalent level of education.
- Professional designation will be beneficial (P.Eng, CET); Mechanical, Electrical, I & C, Civil, Procurement, Computer.
- Review surveillance checks for Regulatory Restart Hold Point release.
- Complete Quality Management Surveillances and assessments with focus on Regulatory Hold Points
- Prepare reports, summarizing findings.
- Identify issues, risks, recommendations and lessons learned.
- Engineering design, field observation, regulatory and licensing knowledge.
- Previous refurbishment experience will be an asset.
- Auditor, oversight or quality surveillance experience will be beneficial.
- Understanding of the OPG governance framework and Restart Project will also be beneficial.