We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Assistant Technical Engineer/Officer
Resume Due Date: Thursday, July 5th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 1 year
Project Title: DGR safety assessment transition/ New Used Fuel Dry Storage Project
- Perform Project Lead function for various projects related to nuclear waste facility shielding analysis, nuclear waste facility safety assessment and Deep Geologic Repository support.
- Perform technical reviews of documentation specific to the Deep Geologic Repository (DGR) safety analysis.
- Prepare and execute a knowledge transfer plan for the Deep Geologic Repository safety analysis.
- Provide technical and admin support with new DSC storage project
- Review project deliverables for shielding analyses and safety assessments.
- Review nuclear waste facility safety reports and support Operations.
- Assume full responsibility for projects within the discipline, including work and resource planning, problem resolution, work monitoring and accomplishment to supervisor satisfaction.
- Produce reports or other documents and/or presentations as required to portray results of studies, to present evidence to support conclusions or recommendations, for use by others involved in the discipline and to present to senior management.
- 4 year university degree in Engineering Physics or Nuclear Engineering.
- Proficiency in verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills to prepare reports, proposals, recommendations, and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
- Experience in nuclear waste management, Fuel and Nuclear Waste Safety Assessment (F&NWSA) is an asset.
- Experience using MCNP and ORIGEN-S is an asset.