We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Engineer
Resume Due Date: Friday March 8th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
Location: GM Building, Oshawa ON
Project Title: Darlington Shield Tank Overpressure Protection Project
- Lead project team, including EPC contract partners and internal stakeholders, to manage a complex nuclear system modification project
- Plan, organize and direct the execution of prescribed design modification meeting safety, performance and quality requirements within budget and schedule commitments.
- Develop, plan, organize, obtain resources and/or resource commitments, execute, and control all aspects of assigned projects following Project Management Manual Guidelines including the preparation of Project Execution Plans, project schedule, project budget, and resource problems.
- Manage the design, installation and commissioning activities of assigned projects ensuring all project objectives and commitments are controlled and delivered within targets of safety, quality, budget and schedule.
- Ensure team members understand and utilize approved management processes
- Maximize the effectiveness of the team in establishing and communicating clear expectations regarding roles, accountabilities and conduct of team members.
- Ensure that all activities required to achieve project deliverables are in compliance with all station change control, QA, OP&P, safety and other pertinent procedures.
- Resolve issues and problems, as necessary to ensure that project deliverables are achieved as per plan, and that any changes to scope or plan are managed and approved.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering or related field, PMP Certification preferable
- Knowledge of nuclear systems and experience managing projects in a nuclear power generating station
- Contract management experience from development of detailed Scope of Work, Request for Proposal, Bid Evaluation, negotiations, contract conformance, execution and closeout for multimillion dollar nuclear EPC contracts
- Familiar with nuclear engineering change control and plant status control processes
- Experience with managing construction/fieldwork inside the reactor building (coordination of breathing air, floorspace, laydown, logistics and other workgroup interferences)
- Superior analytic skills covering both technical and value for money assessments
- Experience with preparation of Business Cases and OPG procurement processes
- Strong experience with EcoSys and Primavera P6
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment