We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Engineer
Resume Due Date: Friday, November 30th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 1 year
Project Title: DN Emergency Power Generator 1 and 2 Replacement
This request is for 2 (two) Augmented Staff to perform the duties of a Project Engineer in Design Projects to support the "DN Emergency Power Generator 1 and 2 Replacement Project (Proj. #16-80126)". The Project Engineer will directly support the Project Leader/Project Manager/Section Manager.
The Project Engineer will be an individual contributor. The Project Engineer will be a part of a cross functional team during the engineering, installation planning, installation, commissioning and close out phases of the project. The Project Engineer will perform/support the role of the Modification Team Leader (MTL) per the requirements of Engineering Change Control Process (ECC) N-PROC-MP-0090. Key responsibilities will include helping to organize, communicate the status, provide oversight, prepare/review work plans (e.g. Commissioning Work Plans), prepare project documentation, liaison with station stakeholders, utilize station processes to complete the work and other project duties as necessary. These duties are expected to be performed to high safety and quality standards.
Education: Technician, Technologist or Engineering diploma/degree preferred, but not necessary based on suitable experience with mechanical/electrical systems.
Experience: Minimum of five year experience working in related field. The following experience would be considered an asset:
- Excellent ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical drawings including the operation of complex machinery;
- Experience in preparing and reviewing Commissioning Work Plans;
- Experience with preparing ECC documentation (including Available for Service Documentation (AFS));
- Understanding of Quality Assurance;
- Understanding of the work control process in a Nuclear Power Plant;
- Good knowledge of Project Management principles and oversight functions.
Skills: Must be a quick learner, efficient, possess strong business acumen, be a strong communicator, and have the ability to work independently and diligently.