We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Communications Officer
Resume Due Date: Monday, January 7th, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
Location: 889 Brock Road, Pickering, Ontario
- Implementation and maintenance of public affairs strategies, programs and policies, including internal and external communications
- Help create and maintain relationships with identified internal and external stakeholders to support the achievement of CNP goals and strategies
- Internal and/or external communications activities including marketing, branding and advertising.
- Committed to working with Indigenous communities on present and future operations to foster positive and mutually beneficial relationships that will create social and economic benefits through partnership and collaboration based on principles of respect, integrity, and mutual responsibility.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Knowledge of social/political sciences, journalism, and/or humanities, to effectively develop and implement public affairs and communication programs.
- Strong command of English, both orally and through written expression, to effectively present and communicate technical issues, particularly related to nuclear energy, in an understandable manner to a layperson and to research information pertinent to the communications being developed.
- Experience in community research, news media work, publicity, public and employee communications to become familiar with Corporate Relations & Communications issues.
- Broad knowledge of Ontario Power Generation policies as related to Corporate Relations & Communications issues to develop, implement and monitor programs which effectively deliver communications to the appropriate audience.
- Become familiar with the operating policies, regulations, and guidelines associated with the site and division.
- Establish and maintain a strong communications network with internal and external contacts associated with the development of the various communication programs