On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Reliability Engineer Mechanical in Houston, TX.
This role provides technical support to Operations while focusing on the establishment of the Reliability processes, development of effective asset strategies and, management and solution of Bad Actors.
The main objective is to lead the improvement of asset reliability and provide subject matter expertise by applying sound reliability engineering practices and analysis.
- Facilitate and develop
- Asset Criticality Analysis
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Asset Strategies. Including PM optimization
- Lead Bad Actors Program
- Lead and support Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) as Subject matter Expert (SME).
- Identify sound technical solutions
- Complete Cost-Benefit Analysis of recommended solutions
- Develop asset Life-Cycle Analysis
- Develop, analyze and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Develop Reliability-Availability-Maintainability (RAM) Analysis
- Develop Reliability Analytics. Including Reliability Block Diagrams (RBD) and Weibull Analysis
- Complete Data sourcing and mining
- Lead Continuous Improvement of asset reliability
- Recommend optimization and technology opportunities
- Develop and/or review and improve required Reliability processes and Standards
- Review and comment as required Engineering Standards, Specifications, and Safety Operational Procedures (SOPs)
- Support Reliability at the Design Stage
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and programs including, but not limited to, training, safe work practices, and environmental management.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership and ownership while working collaboratively with Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Maintenance Management & Systems, and Supply Chain
- The responsibilities of this position will impact the Safety of our operations, Operating and Capital budget, asset management, processes, and controls through the development of asset strategies, the Bad Actors Program management, and the reliability improvement plan recommended.
- This position will have the authority to identify risks and recommend the best course of action
- Scope of application extends from the engineering design to existing operations of Transmission assets in the US and Canada. The responsibilities Scope of application extends from the engineering design to existing operations of process assets in the US and Canada.
Contacts (Working Relationships):
- Reports to the Manager Asset Reliability within Engineering and Asset Management organization of the Gas Transmission Business Unit.
- Daily work includes input and output of information, data, and analysis among peers Reliability Engineers and, Compression, Field Technical Operations, Maintenance Management & Systems (MMS), Procurement Supply Chain Management (PSCM), Gas Control, Commercial and Major Project groups.
- Communicates with other stakeholders ranging from tradespersons to Seniors Leadership
- Request technical information and services occasionally to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), technology and software providers
- Interfaces with industry peers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the O&G industry that should include background on Compression and Metering Stations of the pipeline system and must have experience on:
- Function, troubleshooting, and failure modes of static equipment (valves, ESD system, heat exchangers, separators, filters) and Rotating Equipment (Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors, gas turbine, engines, air compressors, and emergency power generators).
- Transmission / Pipeline fundamentals.
- Demonstrable experience in Reliability methodologies such as Criticality assessments, FMEA, RCM, asset strategies development, Reliability Analytics, and asset Condition Monitoring Program.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and RCFA.
- Knowledgeable with SAP PM Module transactions.
- Proficient with the following office software: Microsoft Excel (including Macros and Pivot Tables), PowerPoint, Databases, and Outlook
- Proficient in Reliability Statistics and Reliability Block Diagram (BBD) Modelling
- Knowledgeable of ISO 14224 Standard.
- Familiar with applicable Pipeline regulations, mainly but not limited to, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) regulation.
- CMRP Certification by the SMRP is desired
- Master in Reliability Engineering is a plus
- Knowledge of Reliability Software would be an advantage (e.g. Reliasoft, Avsim, Winsmith Weibull, Raptor)
- Knowledge of Advance Data Systems such as Power BI, SQL, Mathlab would be an asset.
- Required occasional travel to field site along US and Canada. It may require driving under severe weather conditions