On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Planner/Scheduler in Houston, TX.
Education / Experience:
· Post-secondary education. Engineering P.Eng (or its equivalent).
· 10+ years working experience, including 2+ years of relevant construction or project experience.
· Project Management Professional (PMP).
· Assigned to projects of more than $50MM/year with multiyear duration with an extreme level of complexity.
· Expert user of Primavera P6 software.
· Requires specialised depth and/or breadth of expertise in project planning and scheduling and considered an industry leader in the field.
· Progression to this level represents a candidate who would be suitable for transitioning to a full Project Management role.
· Teaches project controls theory across functional areas in Major Projects.
· Ability to give clear direction and support to Project Execution personnel.
· Leads project teams.
· Competency Demonstration: Seen as a Project Controls expert across Major Projects department.
· Can troubleshoot specific controls issues and make applicable changes.
· Decision Making: Capable of making sound judgements, which are reviewed, but which are usually acceptable as accurate and feasible.
· Considers project impact and effects of decision/solutions.