Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for a Distribution Regional Engineer. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Burnaby, British Columbia
The engineer will augment the regional distribution engineering team & will support operations, planning, customer planning & a variety of projects.
- Support operations, maintenance, repair, replacement, and expansion of the Distribution System.
- Investigate, analyze, and solve a variety of engineering problems, including the more challenging and unusual, by developing engineering techniques, devising new approaches and/or applying existing criteria in new ways
- Provide technical guidance, instruction, and assistance related to the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and modifications of equipment
- Develop safe engineering solutions by using initiative and judgement to perform tasks including developing designs, analyzing, and resolving problems, and interpreting engineering specifications on medium complexity and scope assignments for projects and operations.
- Assist project or operations management to meet safety, cost, quality, and time objectives by proposing changes in plans and estimated costs, recommending payment for work completed by contractors, preparing progress reports, coordinating work schedules and other similar tasks.
- Resolve highly technical and unusual design and field engineering problems by conducting independent studies and analysis, exercising independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, recommending safe engineering designs to support successful operations and/or project completion
- Participate in engineering practice by conducting independent studies and analysis, contributing to the development of technical standards, exercising judgment in selecting and interpreting information, recommending safe engineering designs, and making decisions related to methods and designs as well as providing guidance and advice to other engineering professionals to develop future capability
- Deliver exceptional customer service by communicating with stakeholders and performing activities such as defining the scope of engineering/geoscience services to be provided, establishing the basic design criteria with the client, approving all related technical documentation, and assessing and reporting on work progress against standards, objectives, and specifications to support completion of projects safely, with quality, within budget and on time.
- Must have 8+ years experience as an Engineer (electrical background)
- Must have 3+ years experience with Distribution projects (overhead/underground distribution)
- Experience with Overhead – and underground electric utility distribution systems operating at voltages at or below 35kV.
- Must have P.Eng (EGBC registration strongly preferred)
- Provide Proof of Permit to Practice, registered with EGBC once offer accepted
- PLS CAD experience and modelling is an asset
- Degree in Electrical Engineering recognized by universities in Canada, Power Engineering preferred
- Demonstrated experience and technical knowledge in both Overhead – and underground electric utility distribution systems operating at voltages at or below 35kV including automation
- Broad range of distribution related skills including planning, system engineering, protection engineering, design, and project management
- Demonstrated ability to perform system analysis
- Knowledge of various Hydro systems, policies and procedures, preferred
- Willingness to travel
- Maintain good standing in Engineers & Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC) throughout the term of the contract
- Maintain Driver’s License Class 5 throughout the term of the contract
- The resource can work from home or come onsite to start. They will need to work onsite in Edmonds once covid worksite restrictions are lifted. It is preferred that the resource will come onsite for some training to start.
- The manager’s strong preference is for a candidate currently located in the Lower Mainland.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.