Our client, one of Canada’s most progressive Midstream companies in Canada, has an immediate need for an Operations Technology (OT) Support Specialist. This is a contract position for six (6) months with a very good chance of extension. This role is in Fort St. John, British Columbia.
- Ensure control systems are in compliance with company specifications, company policies, applicable industry standards, and vendor specific requirements for existing and new equipment as it pertains to cyber security.
- Partner with IT, Operations, Engineering and vendors in designing, implementing and maintaining control system IT components.
- Perform break-fix and troubleshooting support of control system IT components
- Uphold company “Management of Change” policies pertaining to changes to the equipment and software that are within the scope of the responsibilities of this role.
- Support operations and engineering with cyber incident management response.
- Education/Certification: Engineering/Computer Science Degree, Automation/Instrumentation Technology Diploma, or equivalent.
- Technical experience with industrial IT.
- Working knowledge of SCADA/Control System IT infrastructure including network, workstations, servers and security architecture (minimum 5 years).
- Excellent independent trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, motivated and able to meet project/work deadlines.
- Some OT and travel required.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.