Being a great leader is about more than being the center of attention: it’s about being the center of activity around which others succeed.
If you’re a forward-thinking, versatile finance veteran. ready to bring expertise, leadership, and accountability to a key role with a successful and rapidly growing and evolving company in the high-tech industry, we’ve got the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Who are we?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, a robotics company with a vision to bring robotic solutions into everyday life. Their ground-breaking product is deployed around the world and trusted by leading facilities and building service companies. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada, with offices in the United States and South America, they offer comprehensive service and support to customers on 5 continents.
Now, they are looking for you, their new VP Finance.
What you’ll be doing
As the VP of Finance, reporting to the CFO, you will lead teams focused on vital business functions including Accounting & Audit, Billing, Forecasting & Budgeting, and Fundraising while partnering on strategic direction-making.
You will work directly with the Executive Leadership Team, and act as a key business partner prioritizing the company’s financial health and consulting to achieve the company’s growth plans.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Partner with and support the executive team to align financial results and capital investments with our strategic business objectives
- Formulate and execute operational financial strategies that optimize return on investment for the company
- Lead and own all the company’s finance and accounting operations, and related internal and external reporting activities
- Budgeting, forecasting, investor & board reporting
- Involvement in future financing and M&A activities, including due diligence
- Oversee tax planning and optimization
- Manage treasury functions, including banking arrangements, cash management, assessing and managing foreign exchange risks and government grant programs policies and procedures and recommend improvements to the internal control systems in place and manage the systems.
- Act as a key player in the sales cycle, including being the primary finance negotiator
- Improve internal controls and business processes for optimal efficiency and organizational effectiveness
- Guide financial decisions by monitoring financial performance, measuring, and analyzing metrics and planning against long-term and annual operating targets.
- Lead and develop our Finance team and ensure best-in-class accounting operations and FP&A functions
- Promote and embrace data-driven decision making through the increased use of technology solutions and continuous process improvement
The best person for this role is a builder – someone excited by the prospect of building and maturing internal processes and infrastructure, and taking the lead to ensure that the people, systems, and processes in place allow the company to scale quickly.
Theirs is a world-class team of innovators who are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in their industry. If the idea of joining a diverse, passionate team that thrives on collaborative problem-solving in a fast-paced environment sounds exciting to you, then we want to meet you.
This is a full-time permanent position, offering a competitive total compensation plan and generous benefits. The office is based in Kitchener, though working location can be flexible (remote or in office). The ideal candidate would be located in the Southern Ontario (Kitchener/Waterloo region, GTA, etc.).
What you’ll bring
- Qualified Canadian and/or US CPA.
- 10+ years progressive financial, audit, controllership experience
- Experience in a high growth technology company, preferably with a B2B SaaS/software or recurring revenue model
- Experience working in high tech, preferably with a high growth start up.
- Strong business acumen – working knowledge of sales strategy and sales operations, and an ability to think through the model, strategy, and SaaS based unit metrics
- Strategic thinker who possesses the exceptional interpersonal skills needed to effectively share and engage the entire organization in the key financial drivers of the company
- Highly collaborative and hands-on, excellent relationship building skills, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of stakeholders
- Must be a builder – of teams, processes, systems, and culture
- Previous fundraising success, either Series A or B
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.