Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Commercial Cardlock Sales Representative, Eastern Canada. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Toronto, Ontario
The position will report through to our Canadian Sales Manager and will be responsible for hunting new cardlock and managing some existing accounts within the defined sales territory of Eastern Canada. A Commercial Cardlock Sales Representative needs to be confident when making calls on head office and field level opportunities while maintaining positive relationships with customers, dealers, and operations personnel which is essential to facilitate sales through Cardlock facilities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical along with the ability to interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Active solicitation of Cardlock and Fleet customers (potential and existing) in a defined sales territory
- Persistently and successfully follow up on all leads to convert to profitable sales as this role is focused on new account generation and requires a direct selling, hunter mentality. This position will also have existing account management responsibility, therefore, will require a mix of sales and account management skills.
- Develop and execute specific tactical plans that ensure account penetration as well as the achievement of territory sales goals including volume and profit key performance indicators. This includes preparation and execution of sales proposals, communications, presentations and other customer correspondence, networking with key decision makers and industry contacts within a designated territory at industry events, 25-30 customer calls/week with a focus on account acquisition and growth, while building long term relationships. Implementation of strategies aimed at increasing market share and margins for
- Business travel within a territory is a requirement of this role. Approximately 50-70% of time will be spent traveling within a defined territory.
- Analyze Sales Reporting generated by Business Resources Group to identify sales opportunities and track industry changes that may create opportunities and or pose threats. Create and execute action plans on identified sales opportunities.
- Strategically manage and maintain a portfolio of existing key medium to large accounts achieving a balanced effort on new customer acquisition and incremental sales from existing customers.
- Crucial focus on customer relationship management including pricing, problem resolution, cross commodity selling and proactive identification of issues and buying behaviors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or relevant field
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant professional sales experience in a commercial or industrial capacity
- Strong communication, presentations and written skills
- Extensive selling, cold calling, and closing techniques with a well-defined sales process
- Successful track record in outside sales consistently meeting all sales and profit targets
- A background and knowledge in commercial fuel sales, trucking, credit card, or industrial supply industries
- Working knowledge of the cardlock or commercial fuels industry with a network of contacts
- Knowledge and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management software in a sales environment including Salesforce
- Ability to work independently with strong self-management and problem solving skills
- Experience with financial analysis including margins and revenue along with budgeting and forecasting
- Extensive travel is a requirement for the position
- Valid Driver’s License and Clear Abstract
- NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- An MBA would be an asset
- Sales related training, education, certification, or professional development designation
- Experience creating and managing sales expectations and commitments including terms and conditions as well as exception management
- Intermediate Microsoft Skills including excel, word and powerpoint
- Desire to be an effective and engaged member of a high performing team
- Organization, ingenuity, integrity, and leadership skills
- Ability to make decisions independently in a fast-paced environment
- Drives for results setting high standards, taking personal accountability, and delivering on commitments
- Bonus Plan, based on max Performance Targets
- Sales Territory will be Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec-East
- Flexible hours or remote work: Remote work with home office
- Travel required: 50-70% travel. Extensive travel is a requirement for the position contractor will be provided with a monthly travel allowance.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.