Our client is looking for a Senior Java Developer to fill a permanent full time position, based out of Calgary Alberta. This individual will ideally have a minimum of 8 years of experience on Micro service using JAVA Spring Boot and Mobile First Platform (MFP),
- Build services, APIs and server-side components using Spring Boot and Mobile First Platform (MFP).
- Handle deployments on any Cloud
- Perform integration of REST API/SOAP web services as required.
- Provide support during testing activities including performing detailed unit test case scenario testing on developed integration code, facilitating system integration and user acceptance testing
- Work with integration team to provide integration maintenance and support
Must Have Skills:
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer (Java Stack), Java 8, Spring Boot, Jax-RS and Maven
- Design and development experience using Microservices architecture using RESTful APIs
- Experience with tools for containerization, Kubernetes or others
- Experience in develop and and deploy Restful APIs in Azure/IBM-MFP (Mobile First Platform)
- Good SQL and database (RDBMS or NoSQL) knowledge
- Experience working in the Unix/Linux environment
- Experience in continuous integration (Jenkins), Analytics Tools, Unix
- Experience in data structures, algorithms and software design with analytical and debugging experience
- Experience in enterprise software development with at least one major enterprise application through the full SDLC
- Formal education in software development or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of software development practices and design patterns
- Well-rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt to new and evolving environments
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with API management solutions
- Source control tools (Git/GitHub) experience
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Strong communication teams
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.