Our client is looking for an Android developer to fill a permanent full time position, based out of Calgary Alberta. This individual will ideally have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with native Android app development (more specifically minimum 4 years of overall experience and minimum 2 years of of Android experience).
- Design and build mobile applications for the AOS platform
- Interface with the client from requirement gathering until project delivery
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality
- Find new ways of bringing efficiency in the development process
- Management of the complete development life cycle
Must Have Skills:
- Experience in enterprise software development with at least one major enterprise application through the full SDLC
- Understanding of asynchronous client/server interfacing, as well as a strong understanding of SQLite and data modeling
- Experience with third party libraries and APIs – IBM Cloud/MFP, Social Payment, Network, Crash and Analytics.
- Experience in handling the performance and memory of the app using various tools, with a focus on building high performance, stable and maintainable code
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development processes and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Formal education in software development or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of software development practices and design patterns
- Well-rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the ability to adapt to new and evolving environments
Nice to Have Skills:
- Knowledge of mobile development technologies
- Experience working on wearable technology, Camera, GPS, Maps and Sensors
- Experience working with bi-lingual apps
- Understanding of Swift
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.