Our client is looking for an iOS developer to fill a permanent full time position, based out of Calgary Alberta. This individual will ideally have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with native iOS app development (more specifically minimum 4 years of overall experience and minimum 2 years of of iOS experience).
- Design and build new iOS apps written in Swift and SwiftUI.
- Develop creative, innovative and practical mobile solutions.
- Estimating, tasking and prototyping
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on features, design and implementation.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality.
- Find new ways of bringing efficiency in the development process.
Must Have Skills:
- Proficient with Swift, and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with AWS SDK.
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- UI development with an understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with third party libraries & APIs – IBM Cloud/MFP, Social, Payment, Network, Crashlytics and Analytics.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process and continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Formal education in software development or equivalent experience.
- A strong understanding of software development practices and design patterns.
- Well-rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt to new and evolving environments.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Knowledge of other mobile development technologies is a plus.
- Experience with Apple or car play apps.
- Experience working on wearable technology, Camera, GPS, Maps and Sensors.
- Experience working with bi-lingual apps.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.