Our client, a mining organization in Saskatchewan is looking for an HR Generalist to join their team on a short term contract. As a business partner and an extension of the overall Human Resources Team, the Human Resources Generalist will work with People Leaders and employees to provide a culture that supports innovation and continuous improvement. This person will provide HR consultative and business focused services to People Leaders and employees, which will include employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee orientation, training and development, regulatory compliance, policy/procedure administration, change management, succession planning, employee health and safety, and day-to-day HR support.
Please note the schedule for this position will be 4/10’s working Monday to Thursday from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm.
What you will be doing…
- Coordinate the effective and efficient delivery of day-to-day HR Services including: recruitment, compensation, training and development, performance management, employee relations/investigations, communication, etc.
- Facilitate the administration of policies and procedures relating to all phases of HR.
- Ensure that the local administration of HR plans is managed in accordance with the client’s written standards and procedures.
- Liaison with HR specialists and HR Service Delivery as appropriate.
- Employ a variety of communication strategies to ensure the workforce is receiving information in a timely and effective manner.
- Actively contributes to the delivery, communication, and measurement of short- and long-term business strategies and plans in alignment with the broader delivery of enterprise-wide HR programs and functions, including employee engagement, workforce planning, talent management, leadership development, career management, people leader effectiveness, and other people development initiatives.
- Work on miscellaneous projects related to HR program service and delivery.
What you will need to succeed…
- Certificate in Business/Commerce, or Bachelor of Administration, major in Human Resources is an asset.
- CPHR or CPHR designation is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years related Human Resources experience, preferably in a generalist capacity.
- Must have working knowledge of the Saskatchewan Labour Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, and the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, and HRIS.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing the client’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.