Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a District Manager – GTA/Southern Ontario. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Toronto, Ontario.
The District Manager is the primary link between the Retailer and the Organization and will support the national retail and commercial/cardlock business. He or she is responsible for the fuel volume, ancillary sales, and overall profitability of a group of retail and commercial sites in a defined geographic area. Typically, a District Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of roughly 30 sites. The successful candidate will manage the execution of operational standards, marketing plans, and programs, as well as customer service and Health, Safety and Environment standards. The position is responsible for operations across our retail and commercial network, within a defined geographical region. It is expected that the successful candidate will spend a minimum of 70% of their time in the field.
- Developing and managing the retailer relationship
- Recruiting and retaining high-quality retailers.
- Effectively communicating ‘s business model, operating practices, training support, marketing plans and programs, and standards programs.
- Managing the on-site execution of operating standards, including on-site observation, reviewing third-party reports, and helping to develop action plans for improvement.
- Regularly analyzing site financial and volumetric reports and counseling on finding operational efficiencies to improve business performance.
- Limiting environmental liability by monitoring fuel inventory control procedures/records and reviewing/advising on required infrastructure improvements.
- Managing approved retail fuel price strategies and tactics; actively observing market price movements and recommending market-specific price strategies and tactics.
- Responding to customer concerns as needed
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the retail gasoline/ convenience industry or retail industry; multi-unit management would be considered an asset.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent
- Proven business, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to analyze financial and volumetric data
- Self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to creatively identify, develop and qualify business opportunities
- Above average presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) in English. French is an asset
- Attention to detail, superior organizational skills combined with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, dedication, and success in previous endeavors.
- A driver’s abstract will be required
- Work remotely 2 days/week and field travel 3 days/week. Mon-Fri 40 hr/week.
- Expenses: Submit receipts for meals, accommodation, travel, business use vehicle, and gas.
- Travel required: Company vehicle provided
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.