Our client, a market leading financial institution, has an immediate need for a Data Analyst. This is a contract position for five (5) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
Description of Work:
The Data Analyst synthesizes complex data using advanced analytics, data visualizations, and dashboards to evaluate and share progress and results of a given product, project or program.
- Synthesizes data using data visualizations and dashboards tailored to the audience.
- Works with a wide range of data and functions.
- May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences
- Focuses on advanced analytics that deal with big data, data processing and multiple data sources
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in math, science or equivalent
- Working knowledge in SQL-based technologies (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and no NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, MongoDB)
Core Technical Skills:
- Expertise in data reporting, visualization and dashboarding tools – cleaning and preparation of data to be later analyzed with BI tools (Tableau, SAP GRC, ETL/ELT through Informatica or other solutions).
- Data flow planning
- Visualization concepts (data storytelling)
- Dashboarding tools (Power BI, Oracle BI, Qlikview, Tableau, Infogram, ChartBlocks, Datawrapper, Plotly, RAW, Visual.ly, D3.js)
- Other data and analytics skills including:
- Data governance
- Data cleansing, curation, harmonization and packaging
- Data privacy and regulation
- Prescriptive and predictive analytics
- Metadata management
- Business analysis – including data gathering, analytical thinking, and insights analysis
Interpersonal and Leadership Skills:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Written and verbal communication
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.