Mechanical Designer/Drafter (6-month Contract)
Participate in the development and drafting of designs for automated and semi-automated equipment.
- Participate in the development and drafting of designs for automated and semi-automated equipment (i.e. piping, machined parts, welded fabrications) using various 2D and 3D CAD software packages (i.e. AutoCAD, Inventor).
- Work in an Engineering environment with other design personnel and in collaboration with teams of Professional Engineers and Technologists.
- Produce and update detail part drawings, assembly drawings, layouts, and bills of material.
- Selection of mechanical components.
- Assist others on specific projects.
- Participate in design reviews and occasional customer review meetings, providing resource information and design input.
- Occasional travel to customer site locations within Ontario.
- Accountable for cost & schedule on assigned projects.
- Mechanical Engineering Technologist (CET) or equivalent with related mechanical design experience.
- Experience with 3D parametric CAD software, preferably with Autodesk Inventor.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and independent decision-making ability.
- Possess working knowledge of fundamental drafting technique and practice including GD&T.
- Must communicate and work effectively with others.
- Knowledge of machining practices and manufacturability constraints.
- Must be able to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to independently create drawings using various software packages.
- Preferred minimum 1 year related experience in design of mechanical systems.
- Membership in OACETT or other certifying organization.
- Experience in the nuclear industry.
- Experience in PDM (product data management) i.e. Vault & Teamwork.
- Knowledgeable with nuclear EC processes.