Our client, a Canadian global leader in exploration, mine engineering, and environmental protection has an immediate need for an Intermediate CoHE (Lockout) Coordinator. This is a contract position for five (5) months. This is a fly in, fly out camp position located in norther Saskatchewan.
Fly In Fly Out Camp accommodations provided
Rotation (1 week in-1 week out, 11 hours a day)
Company Charter Flights provided – Departing from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
What you will be doing…
- Ensure all lockout and energy isolation processes and supporting systems are up-to-date, fully resourced, comply with OH&S regulations, and are in alignment with the site’s policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight for the lockout and energy isolation processes across site.
- Act as the primary liaison between Operations, Maintenance, Contractors, and Project Management teams for organizing lockout, confined space, and break in activities
- Ensure all necessary lock out resources and documentation are prepared, maintained and ready for use.
- Work with the Safety and Training Departments to update lock out policy and train employees, as needed.
- Work closely with Coordinators and Planners to ensure tasks are planned and scheduled
- Attend daily and weekly meetings
What you will need to succeed…
- 5+ years experience in an industrial plant/mill setting, with demonstrated strengths in energy isolation procedures
- Good working knowledge of mill operations, processes and equipment, including safety principles and procedures
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the OH&S regs with respect to confined space and energy isolation requirements
- General proficiency with Microsoft O365, MS Teams, SAP or similar tracking and production reporting software
- Strong task management skills, with the ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills, promoting an accountable, supportive, and motivating work environment, front-line supervisory experience required
Nice to Haves
- Professional Degree in Civil, Structural, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Journeyperson trade certificate or technologist diploma or equivalent
- Previous Coordinator experience
Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin for this opportunity.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.